Paying for Speech, Feeding or Dyslexia Therapy

Payment and funding options:

Brighter Connections Speech and Wellness is a provider for the following insurance companies and funding programs:

We also accept private pay clients and offer a prompt-pay discount. A superbill is provided upon request if you would like to submit a claim to your insurance company for out-of-network benefits. Contact us with any questions.

What about insurance?

Brighter Connections Speech and Wellness is considered an out-of-network provider for most insurance companies. At this time we only contract directly with Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield and Caresource for speech and feeding therapy services.

Certain therapy services may be eligible for out-of-network reimbursement via a superbill.

A superbill is an itemized form used by healthcare providers that reflects services rendered. A superbill is the main data source for the creation of a healthcare claim, which will be submitted to payers (the insurance company, scholarship funds, etc.) for reimbursement.

Although health insurance is extremely important, there are many reasons why you may choose not to use health insurance for speech therapy services.

The above information should not be considered financial advice. Please do your own research to find out what is best for your particular situation.

No Surprises Act & Good Faith Estimates:

Beginning January 1, 2022, if you're uninsured or if you opt for self-pay (i.e. not going through your health insurance), health care providers like us must provide you with an estimate of the expected charges before you get an item or service. This is called a good faith estimate (GFE).

Providers and facilities (like ours) must provide you with a GFE if you request one, or after you've scheduled a service. It should include the expected charges for all items or services that are provided as part of the same scheduled experience. The provider must provide a list of all items and services associated with your care. 

For more information, please visit the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) website at

Grants and Charity Organizations:

Many of our families may qualify for a variety of grants or support through charitable organizations. Often these organizations require families to complete an application and may ask for invoices directly from the therapy provider. If you qualify to receive funding through a grant, we are happy to support your family in applying the money towards therapy for your child. Here are a few links that may be helpful:

UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation

The Orange Effect

Small Steps in Speech

Joni & Friends

Autism Care Today




Services offered to residents of Ohio, Michigan, California, and Florida.